Saturday, September 12, 2009

VEGETABLE BIRYANI |NO ONION |NO GARLIC

Here comes my recipe , vegetable biryani. Everyone has a own style of making Biryani.
I made this biryani when my uncle’s family visited here . Since my mami and periamma(mom’s sister) didn’t like garlic i tried this without adding garlic. And you know the outcome was too good and now a days i am doing this biryani without adding garlic. Check out my collection of Biryani pulao recipes.


Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 20 Minutes | Serves 2-3
INGREDIENTS:
TO GRIND :
GINGER 1 INCH
GREEN CHILLI 2 NO
MINT LEAVES FEW
FENNEL SEEDS 1/2 TSP
CLOVE 2
CARDAMOM 1
TOMATO(optional) 1 SMALL SIZE
Vegetable biryani - no onion no garlic1

VEGETABLES U NEED

CARROT 1 NO
BEANS 100 GMS
GREEN PEAS(FROZEN) 1 FISTFUL
CAULIFLOWER 5-6 FLORETS
CAPSICUM 1/2 NO
AND FINALLY BASMATI RICE 1 CUP.

METHOD:
Wash and soak the basmati rice in 1and  1/2 cups of water for 20 mins.
Grind the ingredients in the table no.1 into a fine paste. Cut the onions(optional) and capsicum into long thin slices.
In a kadai , put 2 tsp of oil and saute the capsicum till it emits a nice aroma and keep it separately  Then add the cauliflower florets and saute by adding little salt till it cooks and gives a golden brown color  This will take 7-10 mins. Keep this also separately.
Then again put a tsp of oil and add the thinly sliced onions to it and saute till golden brown . Now add the masala paste. Fry till the raw smell gets rid off.
Cut all the veggies, except peas ,into cubes and add it to the paste.
Let it gets nicely coated with the veggies.
Now add the rice keeping the water aside. Fry for 2 more mins. Then transfer everything to a rice cooker or a pressure cooker and add the water.
Add salt and a tsp of oil.
If using pressure cooker cook till 1 whistles and simmer it for 10 minutes . Finally add the capsicum and cauliflower.

Serve hot with onion raitha or any other raita of ur choice.
Vegetable biryani no onion- no garlic2

34 comments:

  1. Looks delicious jeyashri....and congraz on ur awards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much sushma for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very nice,different from the way i make,will try next time :)
    Lovely clicks Jeyashri :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayashri....u should name this as Jain Biryani.....due to non usage of Garlic....thanks for sharing this....I am planning to call one of my Jain friend for dinner...will try ur version..

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u so much purva. surely u will like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jeyshree,
    sorry for my late comments..i stopped by 2 days before but some how missed it...anyway ...ur biryani luks so yum...thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your presentation of dishes is awesome Jeyamma. I don't like garlic either so this biryani will be perfect for me. Will try soon. Btw, congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Biryani looks so tempting. Will try your version next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on ur awardS.ur biriyani looks so yum... will try soon.GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank u meena. Try it sure u will like this.
    Jyothi thanks for visiting my blog.
    Rinku thanks for visiting and keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....awesome presentation...adding fennel seeds might have made it aromatic....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to mention congrats on the awards...

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOw, such a nice biriyani...its been ages I made any veg-biriyani. I like the display bowl too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank u so much lubna and malar for visiting my page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time here....Biryani looks perfect..you have wonderful blog here...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum.....looks fab...Pls collect your award from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks ummmmmmm and inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jeyashri, welcome to the blog world. i know i'm late in welcoming you :) Great to see your blog and you have a great collection of yummy recipes already :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. welcome A2Z to my blog and thanks for visiting me.
    Priti thanks a lot for the award and will collect it soon.
    vidhya thank u so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds interesting, my prep is entirely different from this..Have to give a try..Looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi yummy recipe...Btw u have mentioned to add onions..can I skip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi suhasini,
      You can skip onions, i have edited in the post too

      Delete
  22. Thank you for ur immediate response.Made this today but I used capsicum in the place of onions (instead of garnishing at last).Pls give ur mail id.Will send u the pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot suhasini. My mail id is jeyashrisuresh@gmail.com. You can see my id on the top right hand side corner of the side bar too

      Delete
  23. Hi
    Yummy and very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  24. I read your rice biryani without onion & garlic recepi .... But you have used onions?

    ReplyDelete
  25. your recipes seem great

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks very tempting,I do this this way(without adding garlic)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi jeyashri!!! I made this version today for my little one n my family. It came out yum.. Thanks so much for the no onion/garlic version

    ReplyDelete
  28. ma'am, I was looking for a recipe without onion & garlic & just saw this recipe which includes no onion no garlic. But it seems that this recipe need onion. Do you have any other recipe that does not need onion & garlic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this recipe you can skip the onion. Please check my no onion no garlic page in the header tab

      Delete
  29. The heading says no onion or garlic. However, the recipe has onion....

    ReplyDelete