Monday, August 29, 2011

EGGLESS COCONUT COOKIES | DESICCATED COCONUT COOKIES

        Easy eggless coconut cookies using Desiccated coconut. Right from my childhood i am big fan of cookies and biscuits. My day has never started  without any biscuits. After trying out a easy and simple Coconut ladoo i wanted to make a cookies with the remaining desiccated coconut and here comes the recipe for coconut cookies.
coconut cookies
Recipe Source: Aayi's recipe:
This measurement yielded 32 cookies.

INGREDIENTS:
MAIDA/ ALL PURPOSE FLOUR 2 CUPS
DESICCATED COCONUT 3/4 CUP
SUGAR 1 CUP
BAKING SODA 1/2 TSP
BUTTER 1 CUP
CARDAMOM 1/2 TSP
RAISINS FEW( OPTIONAL)
I didn’t take step wise pictures this time and will soon update when i make next time.
coconut cookies
  • Melt the butter( the measurement given for butter in the ingredient list is before melting the butter.
  • Add this to all the ingredients (except raisins)and mix well.
IMG_0191
  • Make small balls and flatten it. If using raisins keep it on top of each ball and slightly push it into the dough.
  • I didn’t do this since i don’t have raisins at home on that day.
  • Pre heat the oven at 150 degrees.
  • Bake  it in a lined tray for 15-17 mins or till it is done.
  • The cookies turned out so nice and they tasted so yum and crisp .
coconut cookies

31 comments:

  1. Luv ur presentation ,will try this sometime ,as I luv coconut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowww... looks really good and tempting.. love the presentation too.. thanks for sharing dear :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely texture you got n the presentation is beautiful!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is my moms favorite..She makes this often..Love this with a cup of tea:-)Nice clicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow nice clicks and yummy cookies.....Beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just imagine the smell wafting in the kitchen as I too made some during the week end to post it in my space. Beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow too good perfect with cup of chai or coffee..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrumptious cookies, would love to munch some with a cup of tea rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The texture of the cookies look so good and tempting. Love the first click a lot :) Very attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love cookies...your coconut cookies look perfectly baked

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same pinch, I too love coconut flavored cookies, wish I could have some :) Lovely presentation and clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too love coconut flavored cookies.. oru dabba parcel pls.. absolutely love it and first picture is damn tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pics with lovely color combo.. superb...
    Krithi's Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crunchy n yummy looking cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cookies look so delicious & flavorful. Excellent preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome coconut cookies...will surely try this...my hubby loves coconut will make this for him....bookmarked it!

    Chk out my Diwali Event:
    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/diwali-festival-of-lights-event-aug.html

    and On Going Event - Strawberry Desserts

    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/07/event-berries-strawberry-desserts.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coconuty & yummm!!!! Love the texture of these cookies..
    Prathima Rao
    Parts Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jey, that layout looks just great.....good pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy coconut cookies..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a big fan of cookies and biscuits too. These coconut cookies looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks delicious and must be aromatic since coconut is added to the dough...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very tempting cookies,desiccated coconut sure will give yummy taste...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cookies n I like those cracks in top. Looks so cute

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely cookies:) I am a big fan of coconuts and I have just gotten a new oven (new kitchen also!)! What more could please me than these yummy coconut cookies? Will try soon and let u know :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. tempting cookies

    http://www.panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I luv coconut cookies... They are all yum yum...

    Valli
    http://ammajirecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-favorite-dish.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want to make these cookies but I have a question regarding the temperture...you have 150 degrees, do you mean 350 degrees? My ovens' lowest temp is 200 degrees. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. @acme: the temp u have to set is 150 degrees not 350 degrees. Since my oven is small more than 150 degrees will make this burnt.

    ReplyDelete