Thursday, October 6, 2011

MANGO RICE RECIPE

     Mango rice is an easy one to make and i can say this is a perfect lunch box menu. Recently i made this and my son who never tries any new food apart from usual rasam and curd rice, ate this and he relished this a lot. What else can make a mom happy. Here comes the recipe of the simple mango rice.
Check out my

mango rice
COOKED RICE 1 CUP
GRATED MANGO 4 TBLSP
OIL 1 TBLSP
MUSTARD SEEDS 1/4 TSP
PEANUTS 1 TBLSP
GREEN CHILLI 2 NO
SALT AS NEEDED
TURMERIC POWDER A PINCH
CURRY LEAVES FEW
URAD DAL 1/4 TSP
CHANNA DAL 1/4 TSP
RAW MANGO RICE
METHOD:

  • Cook the rice and fluff it with a fork.
  • Add a tsp of oil and half of the salt to this and  allow this to cool.
IMG_5262
  • In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, channa dal ,urad dal, peanuts, green chilli and curry leaves.
  • Saute till the dal and peanuts turn golden brown.
  • Put off the flame and add the turmeric powder and the remaining salt to this.
temper
  • Add the grated mango and the tempered mixture to the rice.
IMG_5263
  • Mix this nicely with rice.
  • Yummy mango rice is ready to pack for lunch box.
mango rice
Note:
  1. The addition of mango depends on the sourness of the mango.
  2. If it is very sour then reduce the quantity.
  3. Do not add the mango when the rice is very hot.
  4. Do not over cook or mash the rice.
mango rice

34 comments:

  1. This is awesome.......pretty sure the mango would taste great & bring a very nice flavour to the rice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious..I love the flavor of mangoes in rice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple n Easy lunch box menu

    http://www.panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Jeyashri..I have a raw mango sitting in my fridge and this is what I will be making for my lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect for lunchbox...same way i do...but i add ginger....nicely presentation n click!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho i'm drooling. Beautiful Rice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks absolutely yummy..mango rice is my fav too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard so much, seen in so many blogs but yet to try this delicious rice ....looks so perfect ..yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it next to puliyogare and lemon rice,yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mango rice looks so fluffy and yumm. Love such variations from the usual plain rice. Now after lemon rice I am gonna try this one. Thanks for sharing dear..

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow my fav rice,love anything using mango...luks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A quickie recipe ~ makes a satisfying meal :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prtats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious and flavorful Mango rice seems very tempting in the clicks dear.Luv it really

    ReplyDelete
  14. one of my favorite rice.....looks delicious..:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jeyashri..How r u doing? Hope u have a wonderful navarathri :-)
    The mango rice looks soo great,makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mango rice sounds great... and its so such a simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My fav rice..absolutely yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've tasted this just once but loved it! My version is a bit different though...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice clicks and looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. An awesome recipe! Your beautiful photograph looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this rice, tasted at my friend's house,never made this at home, will make now, looking very refreshing..happy dusshera

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tangy mango rice tempts me a lot..delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow luv the tangy flavour...comfort for quick lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  25. one of my fav.
    looks perfect and delicious dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jayashri the mangai sadam looks fantastic. Very beautifully clicked, I add little bit of ginger also to this. If you like its flavor next time try it and I think ginger makes it taste even better.

    ReplyDelete
  27. delicious and flavorful...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  28. super yummy and tangy rice, a great lunchbox idea..

    ReplyDelete
  29. It looks very yumm. But we fry grated mango with seasoning and then add. this version also interesting.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  30. I made the rice jeyashri and it turned out fantastic..will be making it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks raji for trying out. So happy to know that u liked it

    ReplyDelete