Friday, January 25, 2013

CAULIFLOWER PEPPER FRY | CAULIFLOWER RECIPES

Cauliflower is one among my favorite veggies and i love to have this with simple rasam and rice and even as a side dish for chapathis too. Being bored with the usual Cauliflower Curry i was thinking to make some different with cauliflower and tried out cauliflower curry using freshly ground pepper. It turned amazing well and especially kids enjoyed this a lot. Go ahead and try out this cauliflower pepper fry  recipe.
Cauliflower pepper fry 2
INGREDIENTS: ( Serves 3)
CAULIFLOWER 1 (MEDIUM SIZE)
ONION 1
GINGER GARLIC PASTE 1 /2 TSP
BLACK PEPPER 3/4 TSP
CUMIN SEEDS 1/2 TSP
SALT TO TASTE
TURMERIC POWDER A PINCH
OIL 1 TBLSP
Cauliflower pepper fry 3
METHOD:
  • Wash the cauliflower and cut them into small florets.
  • Chop the onions into thin slices. In a pan add oil and add ginger garlic paste.
  • Saute for a while and add the onions and saute till they become translucent.
CAULIFLOWER 1 CAULIFLOWER 2
  • Add the cauliflower florets to this. Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely ground the black pepper and cumin seeds separately.
CAULIFLOWER 3 CAULIFLOWER 5
  • Add this to the cauliflower and add salt and turmeric powder.
CAULIFLOWER 6 CAULIFLOWER 4
  • Sprinkle little water and cook the florets become soft.
  • Switch off the flame once it is done.
CAULIFLOWER 7     
  • Serve hot with rasam rice or sambar rice. Even this will taste yum with Phulkas.
Cauliflower pepper fry 1 
Note:
  1. Do not add any curry leaves or coriander leaves as this will supress the pepper flavor.
  2. You can use store bought pepper powder and cumin powder but freshly ground one is highly recommended.

  

34 comments:

  1. so simple!!! so picture perfect!!! thanks for sharing this one!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Breakfast
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jey cauliflower pepper fry looks tasty and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we always love to have this fry with our variety rice :) lovely picture jey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have it on its own,Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies.I think with some dal on the side it would make a great side for rotis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do it also.. Love this nice shots
    http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cauliflower too and this is a nice recipe..will try it out..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great variation with cauliflower. I love the addition of pepper to anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see another culinary expert sharing here....:)
      Cheers,

      Delete
  9. Looks tasty...I couldn't see any oil...good :-)

    Helen
    http://myworldmyhome2012.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks tempting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. super tempting and inviting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow flavourful and quick curry, I also make this when I am pressed for time :) Lovely clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this simple fry...Easy and yummy one...

    ReplyDelete
  14. My hubby is a big fan of cauliflower. So, I keep looking for options to cook cauliflower. This one looks delicious. Will try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is new to me... going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cauliflower and pepper and this is a tasty combination indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mom makes it exactly like this very nice and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. An excellent side dish to enjoy with hot piping rasam.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice idea .. looks really yummy.. nice clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too have posted the same, nice clicks. Always pepper enhances the taste

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks madam
    shrikant tillu

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love ur clicks dear....cauliflower fry looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too love cauliflowers! This look absolutely flavoursome and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lately I have been obsessed with cauliflower...in fact, I recently made pizza crust out of it! This recipe looks easy, delicious and nutritious! I have a head of cauliflower in my refrigerator right now, so I'll try your recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the flavor of freshly powdered cumin and pepper, the curry looks superb..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks Delicious..nice clicks...
    http://foody-buddy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jeyashri, this is a yummy recipe indeed. I remember that Komalas serve this vegetable in their thali. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Made this today ,,,simple recipe yet yummy :)
    Thanks,,,,
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  29. Made this today :) simple yet yummy ....:)
    Thanks,
    Cheers.....:)

    ReplyDelete