Tuesday, September 8, 2009

CHILLI PARROTA RECIPE | KIDS FRIENDLY RECIPE


Chilli parotta recipe

We all like the chilli parrota served in SARAVANA BHAVAN . One day when my kids asked me to make this for tiffin, i told them that i will learn and make for them next weekend and temporarily closed their mouth with noodles. While searching for the chilli parrota recipe in blogs, i came across it in here. Try out this easy kid's friendly recipe and  even we adults will love this chilli parotta for sure.

I decided to try that and made a few alterations to suit my kids taste.
It came out so well and kids finished it in no time.


Here comes the recipe of this:
Preparation time: 10minutes| Cooking time:20 minutes |Serves: 3-4

INGREDIENTS:
PARROTA 4 NOS. (I USED FROZEN)
ONION(CUT INTO CUBES) 2
TOMATO(CHOPPED) 1
GARLIC 3 flakes
GINGER 1” INCH
MIXED VEGETABLES 3/4 CUP
RED CHILLI POWDER 1 TSP
GARAM MASALA 1/2 TSP
OIL 1 TBSLP
TOMATO KETCHUP 1-2 TBLSP

Chilli parotta
Take a non stick tawa  and cook the parrota according to the instructions given in that.
step 2

I used pillsbury malabar parrota.
step 4

When the parrotas are ready cut them into cubes and keep it aside.
step 7

In a kadai,put oil and add the cubed onions(ONE ONION),garlic,,ginger,redchilli powder,garam masala and saute till the raw the raw smell goes.
step 3

Allow it to cool. Grind it to a fine paste along with the tomatoes and tomato ketchup. Add oil in the pan and add the sliced onions and saute till it turns pink and add chopped veggies ( i used carrots, green peas, cabbage and capsicums)and add the ground masala,  and saute for 3 mins.

step 5
Now add the cubed parrotas and mix it evenly with the masala and just sprinkle a few spoons of water.
Keep it in flame for 5 mins . Garnish with coriander.
step 8

Serve hot with onion raita.

Chilli parotta

notes:

  1. You can make the same using left over chapati | kulcha too.
  2. You can add boiled chick peas too.          

26 comments:

  1. Looks mouthwatering Jeyashri,I too make this when I run out of dinner ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tried chili parota.Have bookmarked .Its looking very nice..Thanks for trying out pizza and glad u all liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely mouth watering. :) Used to have this in hot chips :) Your version looks really interesting. would try it out soon.

    Do take a look at my blog for an event announcement. your participation will make us really happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u so much nithya. I saw the event announcement in ur blog and will contribute my entry soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome chili parota... I never knew about this dish - but looks flavorful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy recipe dear...will surely try out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi jayashree! I guess I am first time here.
    Love the way you have brought in a twist to the normal malabar paratha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi jeyashri,

    U have got a great blog...thx for visiting my blog..Hope we cud be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank u pari for visiting my blog and priya surely will kep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  10. first time to this lovely blog......Chilli parrota looks tempting and pizza has also turned out well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for dropping in...you have a nice space here..and who doesn't love chili parottas!..great looking ones..

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank u purva and srivalli for visiting here

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your blog very much. I appreciate for your beautiful presentation and mouth watering picture of chilly paratha. I love chilly paratha very much and shall try out your lovely recipe.
    You are welcome in my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chili paratha looks yummy Jeyashree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love chilli parota too...I wish I can grab that bowl....looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks mouthwatering and inviting Jeyashri:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks bright and colorful JS..I tried the Simple Moong Dal of yours..It came out really well..Tx JS...

    ReplyDelete
  18. you have a nice blog with good recipes.You can visit my blog view my recipes and give ur comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi jayashri ! hw to make parrotta at home ? coz im living to interior that malabar parrotta packet may not available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kavita,
      I haven't posted the recipe of malabar parrota yet, but you can make thick plain parathas and make the same

      Delete
  20. hi sis am new to this blog but i've tried quite a lot of recipes from ur kitchen... ur great!!!! i have a doubt in this recipe??u posted tomato in the ingredients but i couldnt find it in the procedure... can u plz tell me in which step am suppose to add tomatoes. thank u...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ramya,
      We have to add tomatoes while grinding. Sorry for missing it out. Now updated. Thank u very much

      Delete
  21. hi this asha from Chennai, I have seen your cooking in aval kitchen, it is superb, then I have seen u r web also, thank u so much for teaching others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks asha. For your query on chocolate ice cream you can add freshcream instead of whipped cream. the comment got deleted by mistake

      Delete