Friday, November 27, 2009

POTATO SABJI | SIDE DISH FOR ROTI | NO ONION NO GARLIC

potato gravy
This time i  am here to post a recipe with potato.This my mom makes and we all are a great fan of this. And we use to call it as ALOO DHUM. But now,after coming through so many recipes in the various blogs,i don’t think the name aloo dhum will justify this recipe.And i am not a creative person to name it on my own,so i have given the name potato sabzi.
The specialty of the recipe is it doesn’t  need any garlic or onion. According to me,any thing we make, as an  accompaniment for chapathi, poori or pulao without using onions will not taste good. But after tasting this,i changed my mind.Without boring u much,here comes the recipe.
Check out my similar recipe of aloo tamatar. 



Potato sabji 

  Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4

     Potato  3
     Tomato   2
     Coriander seeds  3 tsp
     Cumin seeds |jeera  2 tsp
     Ginger  a small piece
     Red chili powder   1 tsp
     Coriander leaves  few
     Salt  as needed
     Oil   3 tsp
     


potato gravy

Method:


  • Cook the potatoes well ,peel the skin and keep it aside.

IMG_5855

  • Chop the tomatoes and grind  it along with coriander seeds,ginger,chilli powder and half of the cumin seeds into a fine paste.

IMG_5859

  • In a kadai,heat oil and add 1/2of cumin seeds and add the grind masala. And now immediately add the potatoes to it. Mash it nicely.Mix it nicely and add a cup of water. Add  salt and bring it to boil.

IMG_5873
  • Add finely chopped coriander leaves. 

potato gravy

  • Enjoy with poori or jeera rice.

.

31 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious, as always lovely click.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe,one day I will sure try it out Jeyashri :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloo dhum looks yummy.....Nice clicks dear.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious jeyashri,and very easy too without onion or garlic,nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds nice without onion and garlic..looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sabji looks yummy!!!....love to have it with rotis!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick to make simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me .I will try this for roti tonight as it is very simple .Looks delicious,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Potato sabji looks delicious Jeya, sounds interesting without onions, will try sometime later..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting recipe sans onions..I'm becoming obsessed with using onion garlic in every other meal! Should dfntly try this next time with rotis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good recipe with no onions and garlic.Exactly what i need on festival days.Will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A good recipe with no onions and garlic.Exactly what i need on festival days.Will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice recipe Jeyashri...
    Onion Less & Garlic Less cooking is quite yumm and has a very pure taste.... Once you fall in love with it.. you will not use them daily... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice recipe, completely new to me. Sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Something different.Yummy array of beautifully presented recipes.
    Drop in sometime

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely clicks, interesting recipe...love potatoes in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds really yummy & must be nice with pulavs too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice clicks..Curry looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice recipe..looks inviting and delicious!!Nice click.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tha's new to me....looks yum...congrats on the award dear...

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi jeyashri

    its very yummy and it takes very short time to prepare

    ReplyDelete
  22. delicious recipes...loved all your recent posts..

    ReplyDelete
  23. jeyashree it s so simple...n easy...n no onions too...is that so tasty?will make it ...

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesom just tried today. really tasty

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI,

    DO WE NEED TO GRIND CORIANDER SEEDS W/OUT SAUTEEING? (RAW) A/WITH OTHER INGREDIENTS?

    RAJI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      No need to saute the coriander seeds. Grind it raw

      Delete
  26. THANKS, NTD POINT. GOING TO PREPARE THIS FOR CHAPPATHIS TODAY.

    RAJI.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope frozen/cooked green peas added to the recipe will enhance the taste and healthier one too!... Thanks for no onion no garlic recipe... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope if we add frozen/cooked green peas to this recipe will enhance the taste and healthier as well... Thanks for No onion and No Garlic Recipe... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jeyashri I am newly married.Being the only daughter I ve been pampered so much that I ave hardly entered the kitchen in my life.My in laws were skeptical about me.At that moment I came across your blog and so mind blowing it is that I am so addicted to it.Whenever I feel hungry I used to look into ur recipes and count in that I have to cook this some day.My husband felt defeated for the first time when he realized that I am a better cook than my mother in law ;) (Thanks to you of course) My entire family is into your blog.I feel myself to be lucky enough to have found your page.Kind of preservance I guess I wil be having for my entire life.Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete