Wednesday, May 8, 2013

PEAS MASALA RECIPE | GREEN PEAS MASALA

SIDE DISH FOR ROTI- Updated with video

Peas masala recipe is a new recipe which i recently tried in my kitchen and it turned out very well and very different from the usual onion tomato based gravy i make. It came out very similar to the restaurant style peas masala.Try out this easy peas masala recipe , an easy and rich peas gravy , and enjoy with Jeera rice or Phulkas| Rotis.


Peas masala recipe

  Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 4

     Green peas*  1 cup
     Onion   1
     Tomato  1
     Coriander leaves  a handful
     Garlic  4 cloves
     Green chili  3-4
     Cashew nuts  5-6
     Yogurt  1 tblsp
     Kasoori methi  2 pinches
     Garam masala  1/2 tsp
     Milk   1/2 cup
     Salt  as needed
     Oil   2 tblsp
*I used frozen green peas. You can use fresh green peas by cooking it in the pressure cooker.
                                          Video of how to make green peas masala
           
     
     



Green peas masala


Method:
  • Soak the cashew in warm water for 10 minutes and grind this along with yogurt into a smooth paste.
  • Chop the onions and tomato roughly. In a pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and add the onions, tomatoes , coriander leaves, green chilli and garlic and saute for a few minutes till it shrinks.
  • Grind the onion tomato mixture into a fine paste.
  • In a pan add oil and add the onion paste and add the cashew yogurt paste. Mix well and saute for few minutes in a low flame.
  • Add the frozen peas, garam masala and kasoori methi.
  • If adding fresh peas, cook this separately and add. I used frozen peas.
  • Add the1/2 cup water to this to get a gravy consistency. Add salt. Let this boil for 5-7 minutes,till the peas gets cooked(if using frozen peas) and to get the masala blended with the gravy.
  • Add the milk to the gravy.
  • Let this come to one boil.
  • Switch off the flame.
  • Green peas masala is ready to serve. 
Notes:
  1. You can add a handful of paneer to this gravy while adding the green peas.
  2. Always use full cream milk to get a thick gravy consistency.




64 comments:

  1. well go with jeera Rice ! tempting clicks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice yummy gravy..looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. perfect with roti.. looks gr8.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy.. Very tempted how I wish my kids can eat Peas

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks absolutely delicious and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious after a quick look at the ingredient list....perfect with pulao as you said...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious.. feel like tasting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,prepared everyone enjoyed this dish with rotis,thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is awesome lalitha. Thanks for the quick response. Glad to know that you enjoyed.

      Delete
  9. Looks creamy n rich. Me too bookmarking to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so delicious. I love peas masala, I rarely make it now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want to try this.Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks super delicious and lovely presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome clicks jeyashri.. love it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome clicks jeyashri.. love it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. The masala looks so rich and yummy, as you said, different from the regular one..

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow.. yummy gravy jeyashri. pics are superb. will try today and let u know :).garam masala, u forgot to mention in the ingredients. pls update :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. super tempting green peas masala,looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving this gravy...looks super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice n delicious combo with rotis..

    ReplyDelete
  20. simply superb...very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the awesome recepie.. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks delicious....apt with rotis!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am trying this today..hope it turns out yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is there any substitute for cashew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try with almonds too. Else u can skip it. But the texture will be different

      Delete
  25. I have tasted this of gravy in hotel. I wanted to try it today, I got it.. thanku jeyasri

    ReplyDelete
  26. I tried this today...my husband liked this and got good complement..I added coconut instead of curd ...tasting great!thank you for the wonderful recipe

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tried this today...tasting great!i was short of curd so I added coconut ...and I got good complements from hubby..Thank you for a wonderful recipe...its appearance is also delicious

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi,i wanna try this recipe.can u pls tell me this recipe can serve how many people?thank you

    ReplyDelete
  29. I dont have anything with me to grind. What happens when I follow this without making it a paste?

    ReplyDelete
  30. superb !!!! i tried myself a peas curry for the first time following your recipe and it was wonderful thanks a lot... :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Maaza aa gya jayshri mam. Thnku so much

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Tried it for dinner this evening and my parents loved it! I enjoyed it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Tried it out for dinner with rotis and my parents loved it! I enjoyed it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks a lot. Loved cooking and enjoying the dish. thanks a ton:))))) I loved all ur recipes, will try them shortly

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks a lot. I tried this dish it came perfectly delicious my parents loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. First of all thank you Jeyashri madam for this innovative and good recipe.It helped me a lot. I always used mint leaves for the paste but that day I ran out of mint. So I added blanched spinach in your recipe and it came out very well, that my daughter who hates spinach liked it very much and called out super! Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for this receipe madam. have a doubt. i have soaked the peace for 4 hrs. Shall i put directly or i need to boil it seperately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If using dried peas soak and cook it separately. and add to the masala

      Delete
  38. This is a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Today I tried the recipe, my kid loved it, she is very happy and she had nicely. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  40. thank you so much, i made it today and it came out well.

    ReplyDelete
  41. thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe

    ReplyDelete
  42. I tried and Awesome it was !!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is like Methi-muttar masala.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I tried it today and it tastes simply delicious...great one👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  45. Looks yummy. But tell me its 2 pod of garlic or 2 cloves of garlic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always under a confusion whether pod is a whole bulb of garlic or a a small piece of garlic. I always refer to a small piece of garlic when i refer pod.

      Delete
    2. Pod consists of all the cloves. I mean many cloves will make one pod.

      Delete
  46. Tried this recipe and it came out very very yummy. Completely enjoyed with family. Thank you lots!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Came out perfect! This is absolutely restaurant style. Thank you Jeyashri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came out yummy taste my hubby suprisingly appreciated me thank you so much

      Delete
  48. We made this today. While cooking, I wasn't sure hiw it will turn out.But it was so good and it was over in no tine. Whole family loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ha ha I tried it out it came really good. Good work. It can be tried by every new starters.

    ReplyDelete
  50. It came out extremely well :) my husband complimented saying it tastes similar to the one prepared in the restaurant! Thanks a lot for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Tried the dish today. Tasty was yummy. Thank you

    ReplyDelete