Friday, November 9, 2012

MIXED NUTS CHIKKI | DRY FRUITS BRITTLE| EASY SWEETS RECIPES

   Though mixed nuts chikki is not a recipe which we make for diwali at our home but i have heard from few of my friends that they make this during Diwali  of Holi. This one sounded very easy to me and so i made with the dry fruits which I had in my hand. Go ahead to make this easy mixed fruits Chikki for this Diwali. Also check out my

Mixed nuts chikki
INGREDIENTS: ( YIELDS 15 PIECES APPROX)
MIXED NUTS 1 CUP
SUGAR 3/4 CUP
LEMON JUICE 2 TSP
SAFFRON A PINCH
WATER 2-3 TBLSP
Chikki 3
METHOD:


  • Dry roast the mixed nuts (I used cashew nuts, badam,peanuts )in a pan for 2 minutes in a medium flame without getting it burnt.
  • Keep it aside and Chop them roughly.
  • Before start with the sugar, grease a butter paper with ghee | butter and grease the rolling pin too.
IMG_0238 IMG_0224
  • In a pan, add sugar and add 2-3 tblsp of water.
  • When the sugar starts melting add the saffron. Keep the flame low.
  • Add lemon juice to this. The addition of lemon juice is to avoid crystallisation of sugar.
  • Saute till the sugar gets caramalized and you see a light golden color.
IMG_0239 IMG_0240 IMG_0241
  • Now add the dry roased mixed nuts to this and give it a quick stir and transfer this to the greased butter paper. At this stage for me it is difficult for me to handle the camera in one hand and do the stirring too.Sad smile
  • Spread them evenly using the greased rolling pin and when it is warm cut them into desired shapes. You have to just put the lines .After it is completely cool you can break them into pieces according to the marks u made.
IMG_0243
  • Store them in airtight containers and enjoy these chikkis.
Mixed Nuts chikki
Note:
  1. Do not add too much lemon jiuce as it will make the chikkis sour.
  2. Do the entire process in low flame.
  3. I actually took it little early as i had a fear that it will get burnt, so the chikkis look pretty pale.
  4. You can add pistas, raisins too in the chikki.
  5. I used unsalted de skinned peanuts.

24 comments:

  1. Kids will love it... Looks so crunchy n yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. chikki is my fav snack,I always keep a pack in my pantry..looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. never knew it was this easy to make. looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks too good Jeyashri. I was planning to do it for long. U have provolked me in making it soon..thanks dear. nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jeyashri kids will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very tempting, wish I could have this crunchy sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So healthy kid food... Would love to have some...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking really crunchy...I have never made chikki at home and mom used to make this with jaggery...but this too looks awesome and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this!!!! very crunchy and very flavorful!!
    Sowmya

    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks crunchy. wish to have some :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My all time favorite looks absolutely yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love nuts chikki.. very yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crunchy brittles,just loving it..Feel like grabbing some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm....looks very delicious

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks yummy.....nice preparation

    My first recipe event @ My Mom's recipes

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow nice chikkis,loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anything with nuts will do for me! this one is another perfect snack for me
    great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My fav anytime...looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. more than kids its me who loves it to the core..yumm

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love chikis & never knew it was this easy. Can I use a little less sugar & get the same result. None of us like sweets & so our sweets are barely sweet. No sugar issues, as both have been diagnosed with low sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Without this much of sugar the chikkis will not hold . So you have to add the same quantity

      Delete