Saturday, November 3, 2012

RAVA LADDU RECIPE |RAVA LADOO | DIWALI RECIPES

  Rava laddu or Rava ladoo is a simple and exotic sweet made with Semolina or sooji. Though i attempted this for the first time, i have tasted this many times. But i always like the texture to be smooth and not the grainy rava texture. I just followed my Besan ladoo recipe replacing rava instead of besan. Try this easy and yummy Rava ladoo for this Diwali. Check out my collection of Ladoo recipes.
Rava ladoo recipe

INGREDIENTS: Makes 13- 14 ladoos

RAVA | SOOJI | SEMOLINA 1 CUP
SUGAR 3/4 CUP
MELTED GHEE 1/4 CUP
CASHEW NUTS FEW
CARDAMOM POWDER A PINCH(OPTIONAL)
Rava ladoo

METHOD:
  • In a pan add 1 tsp of ghee and roast the cashew bits and keep it aside.
step 2
  • In a same pan roast the rava till it for 5 to 10 minutes in a medium flame. Do not get it burnt or the change the color.
  • Allow this to completely cool.
  • Grind this into a fine powder along with sugar.
step 4 step 6
  • Add cardamom powder(if adding) at this stage and pulse once for even mixing.
  • Transfer this mixture to a wide bowl.
  • Add the roasted cashew also to this and mix well.
  • Melt the ghee and add this to the rava sugar mixture.
step 8 step 9
  • Mix well with a spoon and make it into round balls.
  • The mixture will be easy to handle only. If you feel that you can’t make balls, just sprinkle 1 tblsp of milk .
step 10
  • This can be stored in a air tight box for 4-5 days in room temperature.
Rava ladoo recipe
Note:
  1. If you want to make it with less ghee you can add half of ghee and half of milk too.
  2. But if u do this this has to be consumed in a day.

34 comments:

  1. Nnice clicks......will give a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious ladoo,luks cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect cute ladoos...Love the presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so delicious ..I sometimes make with the sugar syrup without ghee also..

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfectly done rava laddu!!! very festive!!
    Sowmya

    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and tempting rava laddu.. perfectly done :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful clicks as usual :) my fav ladoo..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!! Reminds me of my childhood days...My mom used to prepare this for Diwali...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy n perfectly made Ladoos with great presentation!!!
    Diwali Special recipe - Soft Jangris from Mixie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely clicks...I'm going to make this soon...very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Rava ladoo !! looks YUM !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice and perfect ladoo Jey
    great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your clicks Jeyashri.. simple and step by step.. Love Rava Laddoo..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jayashri, I stumbled on to your wonderful space from FB. Rava laddu looks perfect and yum..happy to follow u...do visit me when time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very easy to make sweet, love it a lot when others make for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. these clicks are making it so tempting. love it dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my...gorgeous ladoos...looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  18. just did this recipe and it came out awesome...I just didn't know how to make shapely balls and ended up shaping them with my right hand tightly :) any tips on the same? Thanks for your easy recipe. I have always wanted to learn and the simplicity of your narration made it all the more easy for me...my daughter gulped 3 straight as soon as I made and I am sure hubby is in for a surprise in the evening...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just grease your hands with ghee and shape the ladoos. Thank u so much for trying out and glad that kids enjoyed

      Delete
  19. super! i love this this is very useful to cook

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi jayashtree

    happy janmashtami

    this i have not tried in my life. everytime i think of making it, something or the other crop up. my mil used to tell me eppathan pannaporayo. i must try this

    ReplyDelete
  21. i made this today for diwali...thnks
    happy diwali

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tried this yesturday......... it came out very well..... thx sissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, I would like to know whether caster sugar can be used?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi as my inlaws are allergic to ghee so shall I replace it with sunflower oil. As I don't want to add milk also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Did you use fine rava or medium rava which we use for upma ?

    ReplyDelete