Tuesday, October 8, 2013

MOTICHOOR LADOO |EASY DIWALI SWEET RECIPES| MOTICHUR LADDU RECIPE


Moti choor- ladooMotichoor ladoo is one among my favorite sweet and i wanted to try this for a long time. I have posted few ladoo recipes last year . Check out my Boondi ladoo , Besan ladoo, Rava ladoo. Two weeks back we went to Malaysia and i wanted to make a sweet and a savory for my friends and my mama’s family whom i have planned to visit there. I decided on the South Indian Madras mixture and thought of making Mysore pak. Though i made both some how i wanted to make another sweet and suddenly this Motichoor ladoo came to mind and i had this recipe of Motichoor ladoo in a popular cookbook which i wanted to try for a long time. It just turned out perfect and i could finish the entire process in an hour. I can highly recommend to try out this motichoor ladoo for this diwali and trust me it will turn out awesome. Check out my post on Sugar syrup consistency. Check my full diwali collection of  recipes  . Also check out my Boondi ladoo with Khoya.

Motichoor-ladoo
Preparation time : 20 Minutes.  Cooking time: 45 minutes Makes: 22 ladoos
INGREDIENTS
BESAN | KADALAI MAAVU 1 AND 1/2 CUP
RAVA | SEMOLINA 1 AND 1/2 TBLSP
BAKING SODA A PINCH
SUGAR 1 AND 1/4 CUP
ORANGE FOOD COLOUR 2 PINCHES
SAFFRON FEW STRANDS
ALMONDS SLICED 1 TBLSP
ROSE WATER 1 TSP
CARDAMOM POWDER A PINCH


motichoor-ladoo

METHOD:
  • In a wide bowl add the besan, rava (if not fine pulse it once in the mixer) a pinch of orange food colour and baking soda. Add water to this and make this into a smooth batter like the dosa batter consistency without any lumps.
motichoor- ladoo
  • Heat oil in a wide pan for deep frying. Lets start preparing boondis now.
  • You need 2 perforated ladle for making boondi. The ladle with small holes to make boondi and another one to take out the boondis from oil.
  • Pour a ladle of batter to the perforated ladle ,keeping the ladle on the top of the oil and  let the boondis falls into the oil.
motichoor- ladoo
  • Let the boondis cook and don’t allow them to cook till crispy. Just take it out when they are done and yet soft. Drain the excess oil in a tissue. Repeat this for the rest of the batter.
  • Since we are going to grind the boondi in the last step, do not panic even if you get the tails in making boondis. Check out my boondi ladoo post for a detailed notes of how to make boondi without getting the tail.
  • In a pan add sugar and a pinch of orange colour.
motichoor ladoo 2
  •  Add 1 and 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
  • Heat till the sugar gets dissolved stirring in between.
  • Once sugar gets dissolved stop stirring and boil till this reach one string consistency.
  • Check for 1 string consistency. If you take the sugar syrup in your thumb finger and index finger it should form one string consistency.
  • Switch off the flame and add cardamom powder and  mix well.
  • Keep it aside.
motichoor ladoo 8
  • Just heat the sugar syrup for few seconds till it become warm. Switch off the flame and add the boondis to it and mix evenly.
  • Boil 2 tblsp of  water in a sauce pan.  Transfer the boondis coated with sugar syrup ( the boondis would have observed the syrup and will be firm only) to a mixier. Let the water nicely boil.
  • Add the hot water to this and pulse them in a mixer. Transfer it to a plate. Sprinkle the rose water and add the chopped almonds.
motichoor ladoo 6
  • Start making ladoos. This mixture may be little moist, but don’t worry. After few minutes it will be firm .
  • This motichoor ladoos are the easiest one which you can try at home and win a big applause from all the friends and relatives . 
motichoor- ladooNOTES:
  • You can add melon seeds this instead of almonds.
  • I added everest milk masala on the top while serving.
  • This ladoo stays well for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
  • Alternatively you can grind one portion of the boondi and keep the other portion as it is to get nice look of the ladoos.
  • Do not over grind, just one pulse is enough, else will look like besan ladoo.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,, 

67 comments:

  1. lovely color...my favorite ladoo..looks so good and tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious ladoos, I too clicked to post;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious indeed i am drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sons favorite ..maybe will make this for him

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the only indian sweet i love...im not the sweet toothed person...love it, can i know will the color of sugar+water change to more like caramel or have u added color to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have added orange food colour. I have mentioned it in the post too

      Delete
  6. Nice laddu, I make it slightly different way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's come out so well! i may try it if there's time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. motichoor ladooo is one of my favourite..urs look yummm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its in my try list ..Tempting pictures.. :) Lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly made jeyashri..beautifully arranged in plate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks so delicious... my favorite sweet any time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laddus have come really well. Looks yummy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm....laddus look delicious and perfectly made, Jeyashri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aldo looks so delicious ! Nice post Jeyshri..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even am planning to make some for this Diwali,let me see..they looks like cute balls and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are perfect Jeyashri, I used to wonder how they make the boondis so small, so it's grinding the boondis at the end..

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my most fav too and I had this only last week but you are super tempting me now ....came out so perfect ..so so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! They look tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. am drooling here.., great job dear.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeyashri very informative blog indeed.
    Wanted clarification on pulsing this in mixer,, how long do i need to do,, as if i overdo it will be into small bits loosing shape of a boondi . oru thirpu poruma ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks priya. Just pulse it once that will be fine. Oru thirupu porum.

      Delete
  21. ladoos look very tempting and seems to be easy. how many ladoos have u got?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS AMBIKA. I HAVE MENTIONED IT THE POST. IGOT 22 LADOOS

      Delete
  22. lovely color...awesome pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow lovely color and inviting to try

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow delicious ladoos.. I was hunting for this recipe during Krishna Jayanthi.. I'm Glad you posted it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this so much and cant resist myself if its there, I finish everything in a day!! :) Will try sometime. looks so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mouthwatering ladoos, looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice explanations Jeyashri.....Inspired and planning to try for this Diwali !!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow you prepared them at home! simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I tried it Jeyashri,,it came very well, Thanks for the elaborate post.
    From ur blog i have tried jackfruit payasam,Temple puliyodarai ,,Boondi ladoo as well. all were wonderful. Together u and Raks ( Raks kitchen ) are really doing a great work :)
    Thanks again and awaiting further to see more such recipes....

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jey, tried this ladoo today with a variation. you are my ladoo guru! Your photographs tempted me to try soon. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very tempting Jeyashri! But looks like a lot of work :-( I'll try one of the other laddus this time.

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi jshree what is the purpose of adding rose water is it compulsory? romba rose flavor (like they sometimes add in jangiri) will be cominga.

    Sathya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just for flavour only sathya. If not comfortable skip it. else add few drops

      Delete
  33. Looks very yummy. I tried from a different recipe. It is a little sticky not soft-firm....u know what I mean? Like in the shops.I feel may be I added a couple of tsp water more. What shd I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to worry, just keep it in the fridge for 2 hours it will be firm. HAppy diwali

      Delete
  34. looks sooo good.. feel to have it.. can u pls tell me how much amount of hot water u added to the mixer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added 2 tblsp i have mentioned this in the post too

      Delete
  35. Hi
    Thanks for posting the recipe..can you tell me if I decide not to grind the boondis & just add rose water and nuts directly, would it impact the taste? Also I m looking to freeze the laddoos for an event..how long can I freeze these laddoos? Is 3 months ok? Any tips on freezing and thawing for optimal freshness before serving? Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi
    Thanks for posting the recipe..can you tell me if I decide not to grind the boondis & just add rose water and nuts directly, would it impact the taste? Also I m looking to freeze the laddoos for an event..how long can I freeze these laddoos? Is 3 months ok? Any tips on freezing and thawing for optimal freshness before serving? Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the message. If you don't grind the ladoos it won't affect the taste for sure. But regarding freeezing the ladoos i am clueless as i never attempted freezing foods.Sorry about that

      Delete
    2. Hi jeyashri , tried ur recipe. Great taste. How long can it be kept outside without refrigeration? And mine was very moist. Any tips? How long should the boondis be in the sugar syrup?

      Delete
    3. You can keep it outside for a day or 2. After that depending on the weather conditions it will spoil soon. After a day you can put it back in the refrigerator. If it is too moist, you can put them in the refrigerator for 2 hours. It will be firm. The boondis need to be in the syrup for just 2 minutes. Once the syrup gets absorbed you can takeout

      Delete
  37. Hi jey
    If we want to add ghee to these ladoos when should we add?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can grease your hands with little ghee while making the ladoo balls

      Delete
  38. Hi, am planning to make this. But when I think of this one thread consistency, I am very scared of it as many times I have gone wrong in that "padham". Can you tell me how many minutes it would take for that "padham" after the sugar is completely dissolved? If not exactly, at least the probable time??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the messgae. Do not worry about the one string consistency. It is very easy and you could easily make it out. Approximately in 5 to 7 minutes of time it will come. Depends on the flame u keep the syrup.

      Delete
  39. Hi jaya akka,
    i tried this laddo once but it was a bit soggy and i think the sugar syrup was too much but by mistake i added all the sugar syrup , wt i should do if the laddo becomes soggy nd sugar syrup is more?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you follow this measurement, you will go wrong for sure. In case if the texture of the besan is different , you may get less boondis, in that case just make some more boondis and add to this. Always check for one string consistency of the syrup. Else it will be soggy

      Delete
    2. Oh thank u sooooooo much :)

      Delete
  40. Ladoos look too tempting!! I tried out and came out very well. Pls do visit my blog when u find time.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ladoos were awesome tried it today and was fantastic..my only question is how long does it last without getting spoilt as we are adding water in the end to grind it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stays well for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.I updated in the post too

      Delete
  42. Hi Jeyashri, should the ravai be roasted?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi jeyashri, I have been following your blog for sometime and ladoo i made was awesome and i got it perfectly. I tried ladoo long before and we had it as only boondi could not shape it properly.

    Your blog is very informative and very easy to make as the photographs were very perfecly done. As said A picture speaks thousand words. I appreciate the hardwork you put in for this, Good work and keep continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Jeyashri......... tried it for this diwali and it was a big hit at home ! thanks you so much for your neat and clear instructions .......... please keep up your good work and help us with more and more recipes wanted to post this for so long and just did it today :-) i have recommended your page to few of my friends too! cheers - Priya Badri

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi so needn't add ghee in this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ghee in this , if you want you can grease your hands in ghee and make ladoos

      Delete
  46. I tried laddu recipe as per ur instructions.. Cant believe it came well.. Thank u so much.. First time for my thala Diwali...

    ReplyDelete
  47. I madw laddu using this recipe and everyone loved it at home. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete