Wednesday, October 2, 2013

GREEN PEAS SUNDAL| PACHAI PATTANI SUNDAL| NAVARATRI RECIPES


Navaratri golu is a the one which we look forward for during our child hood days and my mom used to keep a very big Golu and me and and my sister with 2 of our friends do the Park, Zoo and do rangoli. We hang thoranams and its a huge celebration for the entire 9 days. After my sister got married my enthusiasm was not  much but still i will help out my mom in arranging Golu during navaratri. When i got married in my in laws place they don’t have the custom of keeping golu and so now a days i would enjoy going to friend’s houses during Navaratri and happily eat sundal. My mom makes this pattani sundal so tasty and i still i could feel the aroma of that while she is making that. Whenever i make this at home it takes me back to that memory.Let me share the recipe of Pattani sundal today.
pattani sundal
INGREDIENTS
GREEN PEAS (DRIED) 1/2 CUP
CORIANDER LEAVES 2-3 SPRIGS
CURRY LEAVES FEW
GREEN CHILLI 1
GINGER A SMALL PIECE
MUSTARD SEEDS 1/4 TSP
URAD DAL 1/4 TSP
COCONUT (SCRAPPED) 2 TBLSP
SALT TO TASTE
COCONUT OIL FEW DROPS (OPTIONAL)
pattani sundal
METHOD:
  • Soak the green peas|pattani in water for 8 to 10 hours or over night.
  • Pressure cook this with  1 cup water till 3 to 4 whistles.
  • Drain the water. You can add salt while cooking the pattani.
green peas sundal
  • Take out the skin if any comes out.
  • Grind the coriander leaves, curry leaves,ginger, green chilli and coconut into a coarse paste without adding water to this.
green peas sundal pattani sundal
  • In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and urad dal. When it cracklesand the dal turns golden brown, add the cooked green peas.
  • Mix well and add the ground green mixture.
pattani sundal pattani sundal
  • Mix well and switch off the flame in a minute.
  • Drizzle some coconut oil.
pattani sundal
  • Pattani sundal is ready for neivedhyam.
pattani sundal        

18 comments:

  1. looks so yummy.. healthy sundal

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy yummy! one of my favorite sundal !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using coconut oil and adding the ground paste gives really nice taste to the sundal.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a bowl of sundal, very tempting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be making this next week. Looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sundal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy sundal...looks awesome.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. super yummy sundal and cute music players at the background....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that yummy green paste added to the sundal, looks perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  10. hai jeyashri I like this sundal very much
    plz tell where u bought that toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sara
      I got these toys in Chennai - To be more specific , bought from sundari silks chennai- T.nagar

      Delete
  11. Hi, sundal looks very delicious. Can I add raw mango to this ?

    ReplyDelete