Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FRUIT CUSTARD RECIPE, HOW TO MAKE FRUIT CUSTARD

           Though i make fruit custard very often i never thought of posting the recipe in my space till my friend asked me “how to make fruit custard?”and she added that she searched for that recipe in my page too. So without any second thought on the next day i made this and here comes the recipe for custard. You can make this fruit custard with any flavour of custard powder, like mango,butter scotch, banana or strawberry. I love the addition of mangoes in my custard and so i never miss a chance to make it during mango season. You can also make some interesting recipes using custard powder too.

fruit custard
Ingredients: Serves 3-4
CUSTARD POWDER 2 TBLSP(I USED VANILLA FLAVOUR)
LOW FAT MILK 1/2 LITRE
SUGAR 3 TBLSP
MIXED FRUITS 1 CUP

FRUIT CUSTARD
METHOD:

  • Boil milk in a saucepan keeping aside 4 tblsp of milk
  • Mix the custard in 4 tblsp of milk without any lumps.
IMG_2570 IMG_2572
  • When the milk comes to a nice boil simmer the flame and add the custard mixture.
  • Stir well. Be careful at this stage not to get it burnt.
  • Add sugar. Mix well.
IMG_2575 IMG_2577
  • Switch off the flame in 2 mins.
  • Transfer it to a bowl and allow it to cool.
  • Keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hrs.
  • Cut the fruits into small cubes and add it to the custard while serving.
  • I used mango, pomegranate, apple and banana.
  • Grapes can also been added.
  • You can also add dry fruits also to make it more rich.
fruit custard

35 comments:

  1. Yummy dessert. I love these with mangoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bowl full of delicious goodness...lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW can't take my eyes of the yummy bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my very very fav one..looks absolutely tempting and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very delicious and colorful fruit custard. Wonderful preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy recipe...love this simple yet delicious dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bowl of goodie...love this dessert

    ReplyDelete
  8. colourful custard check out the event food palette series rainbow colours on my site
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply delicious :) One of my favorite desserts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow delicious and healthy fruits custard...yumm

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow delicious fruit custard,love to have it any any time...very nice clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fav one anytime...looks delicious..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my favorite dessert...Love to add a lot of fruits in it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's one of my favorites too....and love the ease with which it gets ready..love your pics

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pic is so good,I am drooling ,..:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Made me drool.. yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely recipe n presentation... craze of this desert but nver tried on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm.......one of my favourite desserts too.....& I guess sometimes we just postpone posting a lot of recipes coz they are an everyday thing for us. Same happened with me when my friend had asked me how I made the custard.......what a coincidence. Love your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A classic dessert ~ love the colors in there ;)
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummmyyyy!!! One of my fav dessert...Always a hit at parties...
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super delicious bowl. I am addict of custard and have them sometimes without fruits. :-)

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Creamy , yummy and colourful. Luv the clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks really delicious...Yummy...I have custard powder in home I would love to try this..

    Aarthi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great presentation and looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi i made this today...it tasted yummy.....it had crystals....should i whip it
    more to get a creamy texture.or add more cream...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You whip it 2-3 times more. Still if u get crystals, add i tblsp extra cream.

      Delete
  26. jeyashree i am asking abt custard ice cream

    ReplyDelete