Friday, September 9, 2011

LEMON RASAM RECIPE

      Lemon Rasam recipe is a simple one which i never eat when  my mom make this during my childhood days, slowly nowadays i started liking this . But still i make this very rarely since my kiddos are a big fan of my Tomato Rasam, and i make this often. so coming to the recipe of lemon rasam:
Check out my Ginger lemon rasam
I couldn't take stepwise pictures and will update this soon.
Lemon rasam 1

INGREDIENTS
WATER 1 AND 1/2 CUP
TOOR DHAL(COOKED) 3 TBLSP+3/4 CUP WATER
GREEN CHILLI 3 NO
TOMATO 2 NO
LEMON JUICE 1 TBLSP
ASAFOETIDA 2 PINCHES
TURMERIC POWDER 1/4 TSP
CORIANDER AND CURRY LEAVES FEW
OIL/ GHEE 1/2 TSP
MUSTARD SEEDS 1/2 TSP
SALT AS NEEDED
Lemon Rasam 1

METHOD:

  • In a vessel, add the water . Grind the tomatoes and add the puree.
  • Slit the green chilli , add this to the vessel along with salt, asafoetida.
IMG_6414 IMG_2563
  • Bring it to boil for 3-5 minutes, till the raw smell disappears.
  • Pour in the toor dal+water.
  • Add the curry leaves and coriander leaves.
  • When it starts frothing switch off the flame.
  • Do not boil. Switch off the flame.
  • Add ghee/oil  in a small pan and temper with mustard seeds.
  • Add this to the rasam.
  • Now add the lemon juice and close the rasam with lid.
  • Serve hot with any curry. We had with Simple Potato Curry.
Lemon Rasam

Note:(UPDATED)
  1. Do not reheat the rasam after adding the lemon juice.
  2. It will make the lemon rasam bitter. 
  

32 comments:

  1. Mmmmm my fav one.. I can drink this all day. Looks super yumm :)lovely post with lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very delicious......though Im not a big fan of rasam but the pics make me drool....I will give it a shot this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow yummy rasam,love it...pls pass a glass jeyashri...My eye on ur iiya sombu,luks very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very yummy...Pics are cool..

    Valli
    http://www.ammajirecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first pic is stunning and I love the color of your rasam!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I never had lemon rasam though I want too ...shall make this one day ..nice pics loved it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tanginess created by lemon more than any other ingredient. Yummy rasam :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pics jeyashri, iam not a big fan of rasam but your lemon rasam is wonderful. Think i should try including rasam pretty often,

    San

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flavourful n yummy rasam...looks very comforting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely clicks of the lemon rasam,last click is classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice n yummy rasam..looks delicious..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would just drink this as it is. Love it. Looks yummy.

    Vardhini
    Event: Herbs and Flowers - Garlic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seeing this tangy rasam is making me drool!!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely looking rasam I can just have it as it is.. I am a rasam lover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Comforting rasam,looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is raining non-stop here and this cup would be of great comfort to me now! beautifully presented!!
    Krithi's Kitchen
    Event: Serve It - Steamed

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lemon rasam but don't make it too often. THe pics are great - soo very drinkable. It;s cool and rainy here and it would be lovely to sip on a cup...

    ReplyDelete
  18. lemon rasam looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! this rasam looks too good. Sure to try this one soon. Lovely clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. delicious looking rasam wonderfully done

    ReplyDelete
  21. II don't need rice I can keep drinking it till its done.Beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Homey and Colorful rasam. Nice pics Jeyashri !!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's an appetizing glass of rasam...nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely presentation. Looks so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Flavorful n yummy rasam...looks very comforting

    ReplyDelete
  26. so rasam powder is not required??

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice to see rasam boiling in eeya pathram!
    Thank you for the posting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simply super... i tried... it was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this recipie and all you other recipies Ms Jeyshri. Ive been following your blog for 2 years. Thank You for posting lovely recipies.

    ReplyDelete