Monday, June 25, 2012

PAPDI RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE PAPDIS FOR CHAAT RECIPES

We all are a huge fan for Chaats but i have never tried anything at home. Whenever we go to restaurants we eat chats and  during our recent short trip to India, we ate a lot and after coming back we all were craving for chaats, especially my daughter Varsha a huge fan of chaats wanted me to make any chaat at home. So i wanted to try out the papdi chaat at home and for that I made the papdi and sweet chutney at home. I have the Green chutney recipe posted in my space along with the Khaman Dhokla Recipe. 

papdi

Recipe for Papdi:(yields 40 – 50 papdis)

MAIDA | ALL PURPOSE FLOUR 1 CUP
AJWAIN SEEDS | OMAM 1/2 TSP
WATER TO KNEAD ( 1/2 CUP MINUS 2 TBLSP approx)
OIL 1 TBLSP( TO ADD IN THE DOUGH)
OIL FOR DEEP FRYING
SALT TO TASTE
  • In a wide bowl mix all the ingredients , except the oil for deep frying.
  • Knead the flour into a soft and stiff dough.
IMG_3736 IMG_3737
  • Cover and keep this aside for 15 minutes.
  • Take a big lemon sized dough and roll into a big roti.
  • Cut them into small circles with the help of a cookie cutter or any round shaped id.
IMG_3738 IMG_3740
  • Prick the small rounds with the fork , so that they should not puff while frying in the oil.
    IMG_3741 IMG_3742

  • Deep fry this in oil. Ensure that the oil is hot.
  • Once it i done take out from oil and drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
IMG_3743 IMG_3744
  • When it is cool store them in airtight box and use it when needed.

papdi

Note:

  • While rolling the dough make it thin, if it is thick the papdis will become soggy and chewy.
  • This can be consumed as it is and it is very addictive too.

10 comments:

  1. Good one..now waiting for your papdi chat post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so tempting... i love it but never made it at home... It's pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crispy papdis....I can finish them as such itself, looks that tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O- WOW!!! This is fantastic!! I think the buying of papdi days are over for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so perfect crispy papdis...

    ReplyDelete
  6. On Fridays, I share my favorite food finds in a series called Food Fetish Friday - and I love this post so I'm featuring it as part of the roundup (with a link-back and attribution). I hope you have no objections and I always love dropping by to see what you've created...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much . Will check out that for sure

      Delete
  7. I can definitely see why Javelin wants to feature this! It looks delicious! I've never had chatt and certain haven't made it, but you have inspired me to change that! This is just irresistible! I can't believe this was your first go at it.

    ReplyDelete