Friday, April 27, 2012

MISSI ROTI RECIPE

  Few weeks back when we went a nearby Indian restaurant for dinner I wanted to try something new and the kids  ordered their usual Garlic Naan and Panner Gravy. I was going through through  menu card and was inspired with this missi roti and we enjoyed  this roti very much. Yesterday when i was thinking what to make for dinner, the missi roti came to my mind and i tried and it turned out well. The taste was similar to the one we had in the restaurant.

missi roti

INGREDIENTS:(yields 10 –12 small rotis)

BESAN | GRAM FLOUR 3/4 CUP
WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR 1/2 CUP
AJWAIN | OMAM SEEDS 2 PINCHES
CUMIN SEEDS FEW
KASOORI METHI 2 PINCHES
CHAT MASALA 1/4 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER A PINCH
SALT TO TASTE
RED CHILLI POWDER TO TASTE
CORIANDER LEAVES FEW
OILL 1-2 TBLSP
MISSI ROTI

METHOD:

  • Sift both the flours for even mixing.
  • Add all the ingredients and add water ( approx 1/2 cup minus 2 tblsp) to make it into a soft dough.
IMG_0727 IMG_0728
  • Keep it covered and set aside for 10 minutes.
  • Make equal sized balls.
  • Roll  this into slightly thick rotis ( Since i wanted my rotis to be more cute i made them into a perfect round with the the lid of a box.)
  • IMG_0730 IMG_0732

  • Heat a tawa and cook the rotis till brown spots appear on both sides.
  • Brush with oil on both sides.

IMG_0733

missi roti

Note:

  • Finely chopped onion can be added to the dough.
  • You can adjust the spices according to your taste.
  • Finely chopped green chilli can be added instead of redchilli powder.

33 comments:

  1. This is little different from thepla? looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks very nice... N very new recipe to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeayshree
    it looks so good nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love missi roti... haven't had it in ages though!
    makes me nostalgic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks tempting n nice color, fully flavorfull roti....

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks awesome...cant wait to try your recipe
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never tasted this before. Very nicely done Jey !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum Yum Yum
    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..Absolutely perfect,Love these rotis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard about this.Nice roti.Will igve a try once.

    ReplyDelete
  11. brilliant rotis jeyashree loved the golden shades beauties they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious Rotis....I love missi rotis but never tried at home...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these. And so well made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so delicious! Wud love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly done Jayashri, and thanks for your encouraging remarks ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow very nice recipe,perfect shape and love the arrangements...

    ReplyDelete
  17. THat does sound fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice , bookmarked.. pretty clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. healthy and delicious filling roti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this healthy rotis...beautiful presentation..

    ReplyDelete
  21. yummy roti....havent tried it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is one of the most regular at home ...when I don't get any idea what to make ...this comes to reuse ...looks yum and tempts me to make again :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome missi roti. So tempting.

    Hamsamalini Chandrasekaran,
    www.indianrecipecorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey there,
    I saw this post today on Food Gawker and thought to myself I should try it.
    Made these rottis with my little 11 yr old sister for lunch today. At first I struggled alot with the batter 'cause I'm don't know how to make even the plain rottis (it is a shame considering that I'm 22 and this is a staple food where we live, haha). For my first rottis ever all on my own they went quite well, Thanks
    Anyhow at the end it turned out nice, looked almost the same as the pictures on this blog and the taste was nice. We had a spicy cauliflower with it but I loved it simply with yogurt and mango+carrot pickles.

    [PS: can you give me a tip on how to regulate the batter when it gets too sticky?]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for trying out and even i started making perfect rotis after marriage with lots of trial and error.
      When it turns out sticky add little flour and a tsp of oil and knead again.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind
      So I think it never too late to start on rottis then. If I start now I'll get them right someday =D I'll start practicing. Don't care it the kitchen is a floury mess each time, haha

      Thank You =D

      Delete
  25. Tried this and came out well. thanks jeyashri.....u r recipes are simple and have lot of variety..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tried this and came out well :) thanks for sharing simple and variety recipes jeyashri....keep blogging.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much deepa for trying out and your sweet words

      Delete
  27. Tried this today...Came out too gud. Somehow missed it when u posted..thanks J :-)

    ReplyDelete