Wednesday, April 4, 2012

PENNE ARRABIATA RECIPE – PASTA RECIPES

  If you are looking for a easy weeknight dinner or even a simple lunch on lazy days , then this penne arrabiata is a perfect recipe. Whenever we go to pasta mania here in Singapore, as we are vegetarians we have very less options and since we don’t prefer any cheesy or creamy pasta we always end up ordering this penne arrabiata.  The best thing is my kids like this very much and so i have wanted to attempt this at home and it turned out well.

penne pasta

INGREDIENTS

PENNE PASTA 1 CUP
TOMATO 3 NO
ONION 1 NO
GARLIC 2 PODS
CHILLI FLAKES 1 TSP
OREGANO POWDER 1/2 TSP
PEPPER POWDER 1/2 TSP
SALT TO TASTE
SUGAR 1/4 TSP
OLIVE OIL 1 TBLSP
GRATED CHEESE 1-2 TSP( FOR GARNISHING)
pasta

METHOD:

  • Cook the pasta in 4 cups of water in a wide pan by adding salt and a tsp of oil.
  • When it becomes soft drain the water and run the pasta through cold water. Toss this with a tsp of oil and keep aside.( this is to avoid sticking of the pastas with each other)
IMG_8896 IMG_8898

  • Finely chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes.

IMG_8891

  • In a pan add oil and the garlic and after few seconds add the onions.
  • When it turns pink add the tomatoes and and cook in a medium flame.

IMG_8895

  • Add chilli flakes, oregana , salt, sugar and pepper powder.
  • Cook in a low flames till the tomatoes turn mushy  and it becomes a thick sauce.

IMG_8897

  • Add the cooked pasta to this and mix well.

IMG_8901

  • Serve hot with grated cheese on the top.

 

pasta

46 comments:

  1. hi jeyashree
    looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks mouthwatering.....

    http://www.mycookingdiarys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flavorful n delicious pasta, looks inviting jeya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious n mouthwatering pasta...yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav too in Pasta Mania as we have only few choices, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very delicious and tempting paste.

    foodydelight.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy and delicious
    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy and this is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply delicious pasta !! looks wonderful !!

    Ongoing event
    CC:Spring Seasonal Food

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do same too ..I find this easy n faster than making sauce ..looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  11. been a bit too caught up recently but i am following all your posts as usual, just wanted to say that :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy pasta, looks really good..

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is easy to make... wow.. and looks yum too..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our family too loves arrabiata. This is one of the few pasta sauces I make at home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy pasta...my daughter loves pasta..i'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dear, My kid loves this too,and your bowl is very inviting. Try making the sauce with cherry tomatoes too, gives great flavour. Since you mentioned in my blogthat you have not tasted the Pesto, I must tell you that it goes well with the pasta and pizza too. It's v. refreshing in summer.


    FOODELICIOUS

    APRIL EVENT, ‘ONLY’- SNACKS & STARTERS + COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy pasta variety. Will try soon..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love pasta. But whenever I prepare it, it will be over within a minute. that is the reason, I am not able to post any pasta recipe in my blog. BTW, I am drooling here on your pasta. Simply love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. pasta is my go to meals whenever am in short of dinner ideas. this one looks divine. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simple and yummy pasta! This is my pick when we go to Pastamania:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I luv this tomato version..Absolute fav dinner for my family...

    ReplyDelete
  22. simple and delicious pasta recipe

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is one of my most favoured pasta sp penne goes so well with any dish..comes handy too whenever I am in hurry to make a dinner...gud to see that u make ur own pasta sauce

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very new to me. Looks gr8. perfect for kids !! tried ur garlic chutney for idly.It was too good. thanx jey :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. so easy and yummy pasta..

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely pasta... i love the non cheesy ones too! Very flavorful and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. easy simple delicious pasta..i loved it

    ReplyDelete
  28. Should be real hit with kids !! Lovely dish !!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice recipe, now a days i am not making tomato based sauces for pasta, rather eat from pasta mania!

    ReplyDelete
  30. pasta is my easy options for dinner especially on a week end.looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  31. My son luvs this anytime,..:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yummy recipe,very gud idea for easy dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can survive for many days with this yummy pasta dish..

    ReplyDelete
  34. Delicious looking pasta,looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice and easy recipe.Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sounds interesting....looks yumm! Nice backgroup, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mouthwatering pasta jeyashri. Simple and quick at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very nice recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    I am also fond of cooking. See my recipe of pasta

    http://pasta-recipe-red-sauce.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe, I'll definitely try this out for sure.
    new york caterers

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks yum ...love this anytime ..

    ReplyDelete